Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is really Tuesday's post !!

As for #7 on yesterday's post.
1986 was a fun year for the Garbe family. There are 5 siblings in my family and 4 of the 5 women were due to have babies between January and April. Robert and I were especially excited because it had been 5 years since we had a baby. My brother's son Chad was born January 13th. Gerald's Daughter Whitney was born February 28th. I was due March 27th. but that day came and went. My sister Melinda had Chantel on April 1st. Back in that day they did not do ultrasound's like they do now. They really only done them if there was a problem. Anyway when I was 2 weeks past my due date the doctor sent me for an ultrasound. They told us that we had just miscaluated, by a month. I thought oh well , I am already two weeks past the first due date , so with only two weeks to go I could have him any time. I was good. Well the second due date came and went and by this time I am hugh. I mean I could barley walk. On my doctor visit about the second Tuesday of May I told the doctor, I am going to the hospital on Thursday to have this baby, you can either come or not. He did set up the enducing for that day. That day was so long, I just did not progress very well. I kept telling them that something was wrong, but we all know when you are having a baby they know it all, they know how you fill, they know that you are gong to be alright. I really wanted to hurt someone. Finally the next morning the doctor said lets just break her water and see if that will help. It did help and away to the delivery room we went. When Tyson was finally born he was rapped in the longest
ambilicord cord that you have ever seen. He was rapped like a mummy from his neck with his arms to his sides down to his knees. The doctor said.. Oh this was probably the problem, because of being rapped up like that he could not drop and do what he is suppose to do. And heck it is good that this was so long or during the birth he probably would not have made it. I was so mad, remember me the stupid mother telling them that something was wrong. But what do I know. Anyway Tyson was born weighing 9 lbs 5 oz. and 21 inches long. He ended up being the caboose in our little family and he is a great caboose.
So sorry for the horror story for all those women who are currently pregnant and wanting a baby today, yesterday or last week.
Tyson, we love you.

No comments: