Wednesday, September 3, 2008


I am a total slacker.. First of all we had a great weekend and I did not even get my camera out of the trailer once. What is up with that ? My family is usually running from me because I always have my camera in hand. I guess I was just taking time off. But we had a great weekend. We of course did not go far, because with Robert's High Council commitments he had to come down the canyon on Saturday morning for the State Baptism's. He was back about noon. Saturday was a great day the sun was out and it was just almost to hot. On Sunday once again we had to go down the canyon early as Robert had High Council meeting at 7:00 and I had a special speaker coming to talk to the young women so we left at 6:00 am and got back about 1:00 pm. That afternoon was still great as far as the weather. But just as we were getting ready to eat dinner it started to rain. We are use to that so we all ( about 30 of us) huddled under the 4 pop up shades that we had and enjoyed our dinner.During our dinner the wind kicked up big time, Tiffany's tent went down. Trent's tent went down. We got them back up and tied to the tree's hoping for the best. Not long after dinner was over it really got cold and started not just raining but pouring. So everyone spent the next few hours until bedtime in our own trailers playing games. When it was time to go to bed Tiffany went out to her tent and her bedding was wet. So she and her kids were staying in the trailer. Trent, Emily & Erika left to go to their tent and they were soaked by the time they got to their tent. Being the good mother I am, I sent Tiffany out in the rain to their tent to tell them to just come back, Trent said that they were fine and were going to stay out there. About an hour later when it was still pouring, I was trying morse code with my flash light to get them to come back in. After that did not work, I finally tried to sleep. At about 4:30 here they came, the rain had finally soaked them. We got everyone settled and did not even stir until 9:00 am. It took us quite awhile to get packed up on Monday because we would have to wait for it to slow down a bit, run out get something done, come back in because it was pouring, go back out.
I really don't mind weekends like this because we will always remember it. We will laugh at the craziness of it all. What can I say, I love camping.
Now my count down can really start. Tyson graduates on the 11th. So one week from today we will be on a plane to go and see him and attend the graduation. Can I tell you how excited and proud I am. He has done so well at boot camp. He has had great things happen for him. Our visit will be short as he will have to get a bus that same day to head for Georgia for 3 weeks of jump school. Then he will be home for a few weeks in October before heading for Alaska.
Robert and I will be home from Kentucky on Sunday the 14th so look for wonderful pictures then. Sorry for the long post and no pictures today.


Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Ha your camp out weekend sounded like so much fun, even with all the rain! Like you said, moments like that make the best memories.

I wish we could have been there!

Greg.Bre said...

Lol, sounds like an adventurous campout. The part about you trying to use your flash light to do morse code totally made me laugh. Sounds like a fun time!

Randy & JoAnna said...

I thought about you today! I hope you had a good day. I know how these moments feel when your kids make you proud, it's awesome. It's great to see them progress, and become so responsible. Today I thought about the men and women who are courageous enough to step up and enlist in the armed services and defend for our freedoms, and Tyson is one of the few. I know you two had a huge grin on your face and I'm sure your eyes were wet to see him in this moment. Now hurry and get the pictures up and posted so we can do the same!
Love you guys.